Tuesday 24 June 2008

Shares

I have always wondered what is so interesting about the share market that gets everyone so agitated. The big earnings? The (false) sense of material security? The speculations?

I have always wanted to speculate, despite the huge (and I mean huge) risks I will be taking.

Unless you're very, very experienced, most speculators usually end up being broke. 

So, instead of using real money, I decided to join WallStreetPros.com, a virtual stock market game. It's a stock exchange simulation, where you get to experience buying and selling shares without using real money.

I can't say I'm very good at it.

First off, I decided to buy some stable shares. Though the earnings might not be high, at least it's a start. I bought Nasdaq Composite. Next, I tried Dow Jones. 

Few hours later, I decided that stable shares weren't good enough if I wanted to earn quick money (that's what speculation is all about, isn't it?). So I looked for less popular shares, which shoot up and down like bullet trains. So I bought Dow Chemical Co. and Solei Systems Inc. 

Dow was dropping rapidly 30 minutes ago, but it's rising, as we speak. Should I sell them off, or should I wait for it to rise more? 

Hmm...

I think I'll wait. 

Nasdaq, on the other hand, dropped awfully low, but it's rising again. Still not enough to cover my loss, though. I'll have to wait some more. Hope it doesn't drop again.

*why the hell is this blogger rambling on about shares and confusing adult stuff?*

LOL.

I know this post might bore some of you to sleep (congratulations if you have managed to read this far without dozing off), so I guess I'll stop here.

Shares isn't really everyone's thing.

So, I'm off to earning big bucks.

Ciao.

UPDATE: OMG OMG OMG DOW AND NASDAQ ARE RISING FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

No comments: