Friday 27 June 2008

Hike up Penang Hill

Today, I woke up at 8.30 a.m..

Cindy, Yeat Hon, and I went to Penang Hill. 

Correction - We hiked up Penang Hill.

Today was also MGS' Cross Country Racing day! What a coincidence, huh?

We went to Botanical Gardens to hike up from there, and we saw some MGS students. So, we went in to visit the teachers and (my) students there.

Then, we began hiking up the hill. Energetic and full of zest.

However, ten minutes later, Cindy and I began sweating like hell. But still vigorously going on. This went on for another 30 minutes. Then, the complaints and groaning and moaning stopped. We were too tired to say anything. 

Silence is golden.

We began to regret deciding to hike. By the time we were half way there, we were already half dead. If you do the math, according to arithmetic progression, if being half way there means being half dead, doesn't that mean that being there means being fully dead?

Eh, you think very easy to hike ah? Five kilometers may seem like a short distance, but if you put the steep gradient of the trail into consideration, hiking up Penang Hill isn't an easy feat.

*After 5 kilometers and 3 hours of suffering that nobody could ever comprehend*

We. Finally. Reached. The. Peak.

happyhappyjoyjoyhappyhappyjoyjoy

Ate. Drank 100 plus. Walked around a little. Snapped pictures. (Dry humped the cannon.) Played at the playground.

When it was time to go back down, we couldn't find a jeep. So, we had no choice but to hike down.

Dammit.

The trip down was comparably much easier. It only took us half the time it took to hike up. My toes were aching like hell, though. The gradient was really steep at some places and the tip of my toes pushed so hard to the front that they hurt.

I almost lost my balance a few times. Blame my tired legs.

By the time we got into the car, I couldn't feel my legs anymore. 

When I finally arrived at home, I went right to bed.

We took lotsa pictures, but they're in Yeat Hon's camera. Will upload all of them when he sends me the folder.

Promise. My next post will be full of pictures.

For now, it's back to bed.

Damn tired.

No comments: