Saturday, 31 May 2008

Birthday bash

Was horrible, horribly, horribly busy for the past few days.

Some people may beg to differ.

Alright then, maybe a more appropriate word would be being occupied.

And so, I was horribly, horribly being occupied for the past few days.

It all began last Monday.

We went shopping at Queensbay.

Then, Yoke, Diana, and I decided to eat at Tao.

We skipped breakfast and lunch entirely, to save our appetite for Tao.

All I had for brunch was a tiny piece of sweet potato.

For those of you who don't know what Tao is, it's an eat-all-you-can Japanese restaurant. It's RM 48++ per person, and you can order as much food as you like. Their menu includes sashimi, scallops, and the likes. A very good bargain if you asked me.

This May, we found an even better bargain. 50% off for customers whose birthday falls on that month.

So it was only RM 24++ for Yoke and I. Which totals up to RM 27.60. Damn super freaking cheap leh if you asked me.

A really, really, really, good bargain.

We ordered lots and lots and lots of sashimi, salmon papaya (its pieces of papaya wrapped in smoked salmon. Seems like a weird combination, but it tastes superb), and scallops. Lots of scallops.

The waiter who served us sort of caught my eye.

His name tag said "Isaac".

After the hearty meal, Yoke overnighted at my new house.

The next day, we went to Tao again. This time, with my parents. Yoke tagged along.

Isaac remembered us. He even smiled at me. AT ME!!!!

Yoke said he wasn't really that good looking. My mum agreed with her.


Wanted to ask for Isaac's contact, but I couldn't because my parents were around.

The next day, Yoke woke me up damn early. Shopped for groceries at Tesco. Damn, didn't know grocery shopping was that hard. Trust me, it was horribly tedious, boring, and tiring.

Went to Tao again.

Yes, a third time.

If you haven't noticed, we've been to Tao three times in three days.

Anyone wants to break my record?

The waitress who served us could recognize us from our previous two visits.

Isaac wasn't working that day. Sob.

The manager was nice enough to suggest that I leave my number, and he'd give it to Isaac when he comes to work the next day. Or, I could just come to Tao again. Lol.

I wanted to leave my number, but I didn't have a pen with me.

Later, we went 'shopping' at Batu Ferringhi.

The prices there siao one. So expensive. Might as well go Gurney Plaza.

Arrived home at 11 p.m. .

Yoke and Diana overnighted at my house again.

Spent the following day preparing for my Yoke's and my birthday party.

Damn, it was hard work.

Especially hated lighting up the BBQ pit. I blackened my hands and nose in the process.

Began work at 3 p.m.. Worked non-stop till 7 p.m., when the guests finally arrived.

List of foods:
Fondue, seaweed crisps, nuggets, wedges, sushi, hash brown, birthday cake (duh), spaghetti, chicken, hamburgers and frankfurters.

BBQ foods were:
Fish, sausages, chicken, and meat patties.

Was too busy working (for the party's preparations) and enjoying myself (during the party) to actually take any photos.

However, Pin Yin took some. Click to view.

Yoke and Diana overnighted at my house again.

Had a hearty breakfast the next morning while watching Zathura on HBO. Mostly foods left over from last night's party.

They went back later in the evening, in which I heaved a huge sigh of relief.

Don't get me wrong, though. I don't loathe them or anything; I love having them around. But after five days (went shopping and Tao on Monday, had Yoke overnight at my house after that, Tao again on Tuesday, grocery shopping, Tao, and Batu Ferringhi-ing on Wednesday, overnighted at my house again, prepared for the party and then partied on Thursday, then having a huge breakfast feast on Friday morning.) of hanging out with them, I sort of missed being bored at home alone.

And today, I finally found the time to update my blog.

Phew. It has been a long, busy week.

Signing off.

I deserve some rest.

P.S.: I finally found Isaac on Friendster!! Woo hoo!

No comments: