Thursday 10 May 2007

the Stupid Waitress

What is it with people nowadays?

Last night, i followed my parents to a Chinese restaurant...i think its called Jade Blossom. we went there to meet my uncle and aunt from Canada. so you might like to call it a mini family reunion dinner....but sort of a more casual one.

Anyway, i expected the restaurant to be high-class, where they addressed people using 'Sir', 'Miss', 'Madam', etc. Guess what a stupid waitress called me? Xiao mei mei!!!

HALLO! ARE YOU SO BLIND THAT YOU CANT EVEN SEE HOW OLD I AM? WHO ARE YOU TO CALL ME XIAO MEI MEI? JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE OLDER THAN ME DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE PRIVILEGE TO CALL ME THAT!

I just smiled sweetly at her, but inside i was fuming. That gives me another reason why i prefer going out with my friends rather than my parents. At least when I'm with my friends, people call me 'Miss'. (If anyone dared to call me Xiao Mei Mei in front of my friends, they are dead). The best experience i had was at 321K, where i was treated with so much respect. Of course, maybe it was due to the fact that i wasn't with my parents, i was just about to be their potential regular customer (heck, the guy there could even recognize my from my previous two visits!), and i was with Tree. No one ever dares to be funny when Tree is around. The salesguy there was friendly and nice. I happily purchased a nice (but affordable) ring, and i had my necklace (also from 321K) polished. Now, thats how a customer would want to be treated. Learn, Stupid Waitress!

Personally, i think the waitress had the guts to call me that partly because she was not-too-young. When i say not-too-young, i mean OLD. I hate the way these people act towards the younger generation. Just because she is much older than me, does it give her the priviledge to call me that? Im sure the younger waitresses wouldn't. (Not that they could; some of them are only about my age). I know young people are suppoesed to respect the elders, but what about the other way round? Besides, im a CUSTOMER. When it comes to customers, the waitress (and waiters) should always respect the costomers, regardless of age. Im not saying that the Stupid Waitress didn't give me any respect (she did) but she should have been more alert because not all people love being called Xiao Mei Mei, expecially when that someone is only one year short of being 18 years old, a legal adult.

Old people who are waitresses, if you are reading this, please be more alert when you are at work. You wouldn't want to piss off your customers, would you?

P.S. my apologies if i seem like a drama queen; i happen to have a knack in making minor stuff seem like a big deal. I think it makes life more interesting.

No comments: