Thursday 22 October 2009

Amelie

"The fool looks at a finger that points at the sky."
-The Sacré-Coeur Boy, Amelie-

So I've just finished watching Amelie, a movie I quite "forced" myself to finish, because on some parts, it really didn't interest me much.



On the other hand, I'm glad I finished it. Though it's ending isn't as romantic as some people might claim, it's still worth a watch.

A kinda different genre from the movies you'd usually catch on theaters. I love how Amelie's life is portrayed so meaningfully despite the fact that she's just a waitress in a small cafe, and you'll have to admit, there's not much of a future in that.

I guess this just goes to show that the quality of your life isn't all about how much money you earn, or what you work as.

When I was younger, I wanted to be a doctor.

Then, I changed my mind and decided to be a singer.

Then a scientist.

Now, I just want to be happy.

I don't do movie reviews (though I pride myself to say that I do critic movies quite well, ever since I completed my course on 'What Is Cinema?' in my last semester); already evident from the fact that I've always mentioned about the movies I've watched, but never did bother to put much thought on... uh... reviewing it?

Or whatever you call those "descriptions-about-movies" and stuff.

If you had really wanted those, you'd be at IMBd, not here.

Of course, having already "What Is Cinema?" and currently studying "Introduction to Magical Realism (in films and books)", you'd expect me to be able to critic/review books and movies pretty well.

It's just that, I don't do these stuff. It's too academical.

I mean, yes, I do love doing these courses, on giving your own original thoughts and opinions and stuff on literature and art (what can I say? I love flaunting my language and my eccentric thoughts), but not here.

'Aight, it's late. Shit, I've got a 8.30 a.m. lecture tomorrow. Arrgh. I hate Wednesday nights.

P.S.: VOTE FOR ME BY CLICKING: http://apps.facebook.com/promotionshq/contests/6864/voteable_entries/1188808, Thanks much!!!

No comments: