Sunday 2 August 2009

busy busy busy

So many things to do, so little sleep, so little brain capacity. Pieces of small notes everywhere. Confusion abounds.
-Rae's MSN Personal Message-

Sleep deprivation sucks. Especially when it happens even BEFORE the academic period begins.

Gosh, I find myself schedule even more packed than usual.

Okay, so as an example, today went a little something like this:

8 a.m. - 12.30 p.m. : Wake up at an ungodly hour to meet friends from Penang who have come to Singapore for holiday.
12.30 p.m. - 5.00 p.m. : Go to church (which journey takes up 1.5 hours).
5.30 p.m. - 12.30 a.m. : Meeting. FOC stuff. Briefings. Debriefings. Discussions. Damn.

Yes, blame Freshmen Orientation Camp.


First night: 7 hours of sleep.
Second night: 5 hours of sleep.
Third night: 3 hours of sleep.
Subsequent nights: An average of 7 - 8 hours of sleep.

What is that compared to my 10 - 12 hours of sleep every night back when I was in Penang???

Believe it or not, I'm even getting into the habit of waking up IN THE MORNING!!! It's like I open my eyes and my cell phone says it's still in the a.m. but I can't go back to sleep, despite the fact that I slept at 3 a.m. the night (or morning) before. Gya~~

How on earth does one survive under this state of sleep deprivation?

What with meetings lasting up to 12 hours long and briefings/debriefings lasting up till the wee hours in the morning, you can't expect me to actually remain sane, can you?

Lol.

Not that I'm complaining.

It's an experience.

I can't wait to meet them freshies.

Gonna take up the role of a senior soon!

No comments: