Tuesday 3 March 2009

NTU student stabs prof, jumps

At 10.35 a.m. this morning, this happened.

And what the hell was I doing?

Dragging my sleepy ass out of bed, trudging to the bathroom thinking "Damn, it's that time of the day where my alarm clock interrupts my ultimate purpose for living."

There I was, going through my monotonous morning routine with all due respect of drowsiness, while at about a distance of 15 minutes walk away from me, there was this unfolding of an event which was so... so...

...unconventional.

Even Adrian, whom I bet dragged his sleepy ass out of bed 30 minutes later than I did, managed to catch a glimpse of the situation of the after-math.

Which explains why he was late for Physics lecture today.

Why, oh, why did I decide to take the shuttle bus to lecture today, and miss out all the interesting parts, while Adrian, who walked to lecture, managed to at least witness something (i.e., the body being covered up and several policemen sealing the place up)?

The only thing I witnessed on the shuttle bus today was...

Was...

I can't even remember. I guess it was the bus driver wearing a pair of ugly shades?

This incident has taught me two lessons:

1. FYP (Final Year Project) kills. Literally.
2. Buses are convenient, but sometimes you can get more out of walking.

P.S.: If you're too lazy to click on the link above, I'll just summarize it here. A final year student stabbed his FYP professor, and then jumped to his own death.

P.P.S.: I'll bet you're scrolling all the way back to the top to click on that link now.

P.P.P.S: Gosh, in less than 24 hours, there are already so many different websites talking about it. Shows just how fast tragedies spread, huh? Don't believe me? Just Google it.

No comments: