Sunday 1 February 2009

Kevin's birthday

Today is Kevin's birthday.

Happy 19th birthday to you, Kevin!!!

Bought a tiny cake for him yesterday, and then today, we went to the Science Centre for some childish fun.

I know the Singapore Science Centre is mainly catered for kids from ages 6 to 13 and a university student like me should not be wasting my money re-learning elementary science stuff (especially when I'm confusing myself with Quantum Physics, but the Singapore Science Centre tells me F=ma), but it's still kinda fun to be able to try out the simple yet cool experiments I only ever learned in theory many years ago.

Like how sound waves travel through a tube so that you can hear your friend's voice 5 metres away.

Or how an extremely strong magnetic field (say, 3.5 million volts kind of strong) conducts electricity, even in air.

Besides, there are some stuff there that I never really did get around to thinking about.

Ha, ha.

Then, we went to the Omni-Theatre for a sort of 3D kind of educational movie, where the screen fits about half of the entire theatre room.

The title of the 'movie' is Wild Ocean. Or something along the lines of that. Can't really remember. It's about dolphins, birds, seals, and human beings all preying on sardines.

By the end of the show, you'd pretty much be pitying the sardines coz there's practically nowhere for them to run.

Sucks to be a sardine.

Btw, did you know that the Science Centre is only 5 freaking minutes' walk from the Jurong East MRT station? Damn freaking website told us to take the 335 bus from the Jurong East MRT station and made me waste $1.00, when we could have just walked.

Sheesh.

After dinner, we did this glass deco art thingy...

Aiya, dunno how to explain lah. Show you picture:


I know it's kinda childish, but what the heck.

This is the first time in my 19 years of living that I've done something like that.

Sometimes, I wished I were born later coz the stuff kids do nowadays are just so awesomely amazing compared to those SNES games I played when I was young.

Why is it that Mattel expands Barbie's wardrobe at the exact same moment I decided I was too old for dolls?

Sigh.

To top it all off, 3 of my bras were stolen.

They were only less than 4 months old, and my mother bought them for RM 50 each.

Fuck those thieves; they think my daddy fucking owns Victoria's Secret???

No comments: