Sunday 31 January 2010

sometimes lost items pop up in the least expected way.

“Just think how happy you would be if you lost everything you have right now, and then got it back again.”
-Frances Rodman -

As you should know by now (I don't know - read my Facebook status or follow me on Twitter or something), my phone is currently conked out.

Here is what happened:

Awfully tired, sticky, and sleepy girl comes home at 11 p.m..

Strips her uncomfortable clothes off and pulls on an oversized t-shirt.

Rips off her contact lenses and make-up, pulls her hair back into a pony tail, puts on sexy librarian glasses (at least that's what I think) and morphs into a nerd.

Dumps her uncomfortable clothes into the washing machine.

Wonders where her phone is but gives up looking for it, thinking it'll eventually pop up.

Picks up her clothes from the washing machine an hour later.

Finds her phone at the bottom of the washing machine.

Is happy that her theory of "eventually popping up" is true. For a split second.

Screams inwardly.

***

Here is what was going on in the girl's head:

OMG I. AM. FARKING. TIRED. I. NEED. TO. SLEEP.

AHHH!! Comfy over-sized shirt! Goodbye, tight skirt and tank top.

Stupid pile of laundry's an eyesore. Urrgh. I'll just do a quick one and then I can go to bed.

Where is my phone, btw?

Oh, well. It'll find it's way back through this mess.

*one hour later*

Good! My laundry is done. Get my clothes and go to bed.

Ahh my phone!! Here it is...

......................

IN THE WASHING MACHINE!!!!!!!

*omgomgomgomg*

think think think

Maybe it's a good thing; I can finally give myself an excuse for a new phone!

Oh, how could you even think of such a thing?? You'll pray for the best and hope it survives.

But it would be nice to get a new phone...

NO!!! You MUST hope your old phone survives so that you don't have to waste unnecessary money buying a new one!

Well, but IF hypothetically speaking, my phone really were beyond repair, I can get a new one, right? I have ALWAYS wanted a pda or a smart phone. You know, like HTC or something. A touch screen one, at that!

Okay, but for now, you have to always hope for the best. You MUST hope your phone recovers. SAY IT!

"I hope my phone recovers so that I don't have to buy a new one. I hope my phone recovers so that I don't have to buy a new one. I hope my phone recovers so that I don't have to buy a new one."

Good.

Atta boy.



Sigh.

My mind loves contradicting itself, plus I'm currently phone-less.

FML.

No comments: