Thursday 17 September 2009

Of lectures and sleep

"The other day, when you were sitting beside me during Math lecture, your face looked very serious and you seemed to me that you were listening and concentrating intently on the lecture. That is, until you suddenly whispered in my ear: "I've been thinking. I really need to get a new pair of shorts before I run out of them."'
-Kevin to Rae-

I sleep at 3 a.m., and I feel sleepy during morning lectures the next day.

I sleep at 1 a.m. and feel refreshed when I wake up 8 hours later, but STILL SLEEPY during morning lectures the next day.

Not that I didn't try.

I tried my best to stay awake during Math lecture today, but my head felt so heavy that it kept falling onto my comfortable pile of lecture notes. Like literally. Really. No joke. In all seriousness. I mean it. And so on and so forth.

And then, I automatically awaken from my deep slumber at the sound of "Okay, that's all for today's lecture" and become energetic again.

So tell me.

Is it just me, or are the voices of the professors somehow charmed with a sleeping spell?

No comments: