Sunday 9 December 2007

Bored

I'm bored, and out of blogging ideas.

Everyone is busy. Jia Ling is at make-up class. Yi Hui is at German class. Yong Xing is playing Ghost Online at Silas's house. Yokey is out with her family. Marcus is out with his sister. I'm stuck at home.

I'M DESPERATE TO GO OUT!!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE SAVE ME FROM MY OWN HOME!!!!

One day, I'm going to die of boredom. And I thought studying for exams was bad enough.

I'm fat, broke, bored, and a living corpse.

At times like these, I tend to get a little philosophical, because there is nothing else to think about.

Why does the universe exist? Imagine if it didn't. Then there would be void and darkness. But what if that didn't exist either? What, then? What if existence itself didn't exist? Then nothing can ever come into being, nor can anything not come into being. If that is the case, then even space itself would not exist either.

There would be just...

nothing.

Not even emptiness.

Why does time exist? Why are there three dimensions? Can't there be four?

Physics tell us it's just logic, and there is no why. But just think. Why is it like this? If it could be so, couldn't it be something else as well?

Ouch. My head hurts.

I think holidays are cunningly introduced to force students into confusing themselves with stuff like these. And we students stupidly let ourselves fall into this devious trap, thinking, "Hooray! The holidays are finally here!!" To those of you who are still schooling, you are so lucky. You get to go to school and study and learn stuff. At least your boredom only lasts till end of this year. I, on the other hand will have to bear with it until goodness knows when. I heard that the Engineering courses at Nanyang University only begins in September 2008.

Sooner or later, I'm going to kill myself.

My PSP sits there, waiting for the chance to entertain me. The TV is in the living room, waiting to be switched on. The phone is ready for me to make calls. There are three unread books in my room, waiting to be explored.

Why is it that during exams, I am sooooo tempted to watch TV, phone my friends and entertain myself with the PSP, but after my exams are over, those devices lay untouched?

No comments: