Saturday 24 November 2007

I'm going, I'm going not.

OMG, YOU JUST HAVE TO READ THIS. SUPER DAMN FREAKING HILARIOUS MAN! I would have laughed till my jaw dropped, if only it wasn't so late and everyone was already sleeping.

And you just HAVE to watch that video.

You know, that's partly why I love Kenny Sia so much. His wit never fail to amuse me.

2 weeks ago, I got a call from Marcus.

Him: Hey, Rachel, dya wanna visit Penang Hill?
Me: Hmm. (I never was the outdoor kind; I'd rather spend my day in an air-conditioned shopping mall.)
Him: So?
Me: I'm not too sure. Who else is going?
Him: The usual people lah. Kevin, CWJ, and Renee. Hock Hsiang might be joining us. Oh, and my mum too.
Me: Uh...
Him: Haiyo, so can or not?
Me: But when, and why?
Him: The week after our exams, on a Sunday morning. To khiuk sampah (literally, collect rubbish). It's an event in collaboration with the Gotong-royong Campaign.

And I have always thought only idiots with nothing better to do participate in these events.

Me: HUA!! MORNING AH! AND TO KHIUK SAMPAH! (I was imagining myself in an MPPP uniform)
Him: Uh, yeah...
Me: You do know that I never wake up in the mornings, right? (Who on earth does, when you have the privilege of sleeping in till past noon?) And to collect rubbish? I assume it's supposed to be a voluntary thing?
Him: ...

Let me ask you. Who on earth wakes up early on a Sunday (the laziest day of the week) morning, just to pick up rubbish other people leave behind?

Me: And what do I get in return for picking up other people's litter?
Him: Uh...well, you get a free T-shirt, and a free bottle of mineral water? Oh, and a free ticket for a trip up Penang Hill!

Oh, right. a T-shirt that I'd rather die than be seen in, and a bottle of water which I can easily buy for 90 cents from Cold Storage. And I'm to thank them for the free trip?

Me: HAIYO, OF COURSE THEY MUST GIVE US A TRIP UP PENANG HILL LAH! OR ELSE HOW ARE WE GOING TO PICK UP THEIR RUBBISH? THEY EXPECT US TO PAY FOR OUR OWN TICKET UP, JUST TO COLLECT THEIR RUBBISH AH?
Him: Well....
Me: And that is all? No cash rewards, no lucky draws, no nothing?
Him: Haiyo, it's voluntary work mah. I was just asking if you wanted to go. It's ok if you don't want to.

No, its not that. It's just that, my brain is having a terribly hard time figuring out why you would be interested in going in the first place.

Me: OK lah, Ok lah. I go. But only because you ask me to. I give you face nia.
Him: Thank you very much then.

Sheesh. Sarcasm.

To go, or not to go?

I had almost decided on going. However, there is another problem at hand. How am I going to tell my mum about this trip?

I can imagine her reaction:

HAHAHAHA!!! YOU GO THERE TO COLLECT RUBBISH????!!!???? I'VE NEVER KNOWN YOU TO BE SUCH A PERSON!!! WHERE IS THE SELFISH AND CALCULATIVE RACHEL LIEW THAT I KNOW? YOU, COLLECT RUBBISH? HUA, AM I DREAMING, OR IS THE SKY FALLING DOWN?

I just can't bear the humiliation.

Last Tuesday, Marcus gave me the free T-shirt (oh, goodie! freebies!) we are supposed to wear on Sunday. The front of the shirt is printed in large, bold letters:

AKTIVITI GOTONG-ROYONG. KEMPEN ANTI NYAMUK DAN KEBERSIHAN.

Oh, and there is even a cute yellow butterfly at the side.

I've been meaning to ask Marcus. Do they allow us to wear masks there? You know, those sheets of plastic or paper with two holes for the eyes, meant to cover our faces?

Maybe I will ask him tomorrow.


Yesterday, Marcus called again.

Him: Hey, you're coming on Sunday, right?
Me: I guess.
Him: We will have to assemble at the foot of the hill by 7.45 a.m..

YOU CRAZY OR WHAT!!!!!!!!! 7.45 FREAKING A.M.!!!!!!!!! ISN'T THAT THE TIME KIDS GO TO SCHOOL???!!??? WHICH MEANS I WILL HAVE TO WAKE UP AT SIX IN THE MORNING?????

7.45 A.M LEH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not. I'm going. I'm going not.

Decisions, decisions.

No comments: