Wednesday 8 September 2010

Like pasta.

UPDATE - So after receiving this one comment from Anonymous (as you may read from the comments of this blog post), I have hence replied (yes, to my defense) as appropriately as I could. 

However, as I figured some may find this blog entry offense, I have found it obigatory that I explain myself further. Yes, I do find some bloggers annoying (reasons stated very clearly in blog post below), but that does NOT mean I hate bimbo bloggers in general.

I have many friends who may portray an bimbotic image when blogging, but there are times when they do make a point, and times when they do voice out their thoughts, rather than merely uploading slutty/bimbotic/cute/homicidal pictures of themselves in sexy/new/cute outfits/bags/shoes/accessories while clubbing/shopping/eating.

Those whom I hate are those who cannot think for themselves nor have anything in their lives to be proud of, hence resorting to cheap superficial stuff, and are oh-so-apparently proud of their meaningless merry-making, guys, clubbing, shopping, eating, and drinking, and that is all there is to them miserable sods. 

As for my friends reading this, if you think you really know me, no, you are not one of them. Never in my life have I ever degraded myself to making acquaintances with those incapable of being able to think for themselves or acting in a childish manner of merry-making, not knowing that those "adult-like" things that they do does not only NOT portray their image of being a real grown up, but in fact accentuates the fact that they are, indeed, living empty lives.

No, I'm not saying that thou shalt not club, shop, eat, have sex, date, have fun, or get drunk. I'm just saying that I think that it is miserable that some people do all those things as though they're the only things that matter most in their lives.

Hence, if you think you know me, if you think our relationship were that of friendship, then worry not; you are not in the category of people stated in said group of "shallow, bimbotic bloggers". In short, to all my friends reading this, no, I am not talking about you. (I found it necessary to state this, coz I don't think I need any more of my friends turning into enemies.)

Last but not least, NO, I DO NOT ADMIRE ANY BLOGGER; XIAXUE INCLUDED. If there was any blogger I'd admire, that'd be me.

*thanksforyourtimehopethisclarifiesthingsgoodbye*

at first, it was like "one extra pink outfit wont hurt nobody" and just about 3 years later my entire wardrobe turns Barbie. @.@
-Rae on FB-

So.

Haven't been blogging lately - reason be, as usual, coz I have absolutely nothing to blog about.

Unless you wanna hear all about how stressful, lame, awful, and boring my internship is.

Granted, it's not all that bad, but still.

"Complaining is good. It means your life is interesting."

"Rather than complaining about something, I'd rather marvel at something; life can also be as interesting."

"Yes, but as life has it, there are more stuff to complain than to marvel about, so to avoid disappointment, let's just all keep our hopes down and stick to complaining."

-Rae & Friend on IM-

I have absolutely nothing to say. Nothing to muse about, nothing to ponder, no nothing.

Actually, I do.

You know some shallow bloggers who only blog about their shopping, frivolous merry-making, yummeh food, night out clubbing, etc etc with lotsa lotsa pics of themselves posing prettily in their cute dresses and heels and bags?

Yes, I know.

Mighty shallow, aren't they?

I'm not saying that one should stop blogging about shallow stuff in it's entirety, I mean, I do blog about shallow stuff too, but I don't do it in EVERY SINGLE BLOG POST LIKE SOME PEOPLE DO.

I mean, is that all you have to your life?

Gosh, I feel sad for you.

I mean, can't you even use a little more of your brains to make better use of the blogging opportunity provided and blog about something a lil more... uh...

Substantial?

If even bimbotic Xiaxue can do it, (y'know, she sometimes talks 'bout controversial - and other misc - stuff like, uh, SPG's, cab drivers, school, sex, whateveryounameit) why can't you?

I know I've done this before - "this" referring to, criticizing shallow bloggers - but it has recently gotten on my nerves how some girls blog about their shallow lives and are actually proud of it.

Seriously? You don't have decent job, you don't have own stand of reasonings about anything at all, you let fashion, food, and booze rule your life - heck, become your life - and yet you're *sputters* proud of it?

@.@

Guess they can't be blamed; they're probably too shallow/stupid to find the words to express themselves, hence replacing those substantial thoughts/reasonings instead with shallow pictures, which, surprisingly, more often than not, do attract readers coming back each time for more.


*Oh, please kill me if I become one of them one day*

Speaking of shallow, now that I've done my part of being substantial, here's what I bought today:


Cute, ain't it? I bought the - you guessed it - pink one.

Not the bread, silly, was talking about the non-stick 8" square frying pan.

I know I haven't been uploading pics from my own cam - always ripping pictures off the Internet - but that's coz M1's broadband mobile is so damn slow that it takes literally for-freaking-ever (yes, literally - I left it overnight and it still wasn't done the next morning =.=) to upload to Blogger.

Why the heck did I buy it, you may ask.

No, I did not buy it on impulse just because it looked cute (Though I have to admit, I was running around all over Singapore searching for a Hello Kitty pink frying pan and wouldn't settle for the conventional silver ones sold at NTUC/Fairprice).

So. I bought it coz;

Ever since I moved out of hostel (and into the oh-so-brutal world of the rat race *okjustkiddingitsnotthatbad*), I have taught myself how to cook.

Yes, you heard me right. Cook.

Not just lame stuff like instant noodles - that doesn't count as cooking - but real, substantial food.

 Like pasta.

(I've GOT to stop saying the word substantial)

And mind you, when I say "I cooked", it doesn't mean somebody else did the dirty work and I just "helped" out on the easy parts; when I say "I cooked", it means literally what it says - I. Cooked.

As in, I. Cooked. All. By. My. Self.

Kevin says my cooking skills are improving, and my food is getting tastier each time.

=)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why you like to care and comment on what ppl blog abt? well, everyone has their own interests and freedom on what they should blog.. your words are just to harsh, be it saying ppl stupid or shallow.. you yourself too admire bimbotic Xiaxue, does it mean that you are bimbotic and your life is just as boring?

no hard feeling, just my 20cents that you shouldn't be this harsh when come to commenting ppl. Peace!

Happyness Talks said...

@anonymous:

first of all, why are u acting so worked up? are u one of beforementioned "shallow" bloggers?

if not, why even bother.

secondly, omg! me, ADMIRING Xiaxue? NO WAY!! i would NEVER admire her, of all people! in no way am i saying that im admiring her - heck why on earth would i wanna admire bimbos like her?

im just saying. even a bimbo like her has enough brains - what about everyone else?

im not saying im not a bimbo - sometimes i can be one, but at least i dont do it 'round the clock. at least i know when to snap out of it and get down to business.

bimbotic = boring??? since when did i say that???

bimbotic may hint at being shallow, yes, but never boring.

=.=

besides, you said everyone has their own interests and freedom to blog - well here's my freedom of speech: i think shallow bloggers are shallow coz they dont blog about nothing else 'cept for shallow stuff. duh-oh.

I don't pretty much care what others blog about - its just... having them post picture after picture of some shallow bimbo, its homicidal, you know?

at least you'll agree with me that being homicidal IS a crime?

but yeah ill respect what you say, and yeah, ill keep in mind to *try* be less harsh in the future.

no hard feelings, none taken. =)