Friday 25 December 2009

500...

...days of summer.

Author's Note: The following is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Especially you Jenny Beckman.

Bitch.
-Disclaimer, 500 Days Of Summer-



I hate Summer.

I'm only three quarters through this movie but I'll have to say, she is loathsome.

She ain't even that pretty and she acts like she thinks it is but it's no biggie, coz she's got this poor chap falling heads over heels over her and all she can say into his face after kissing in the copy room holding hands in Ikea, and having shower sex is that...

"We're just friends."

Bitch.

She isn't even fun to be with - of course, some may beg to differ. She does the stupidest things ever and ties her hair in that silly pony tail and talks to guys like its all very natural while pretending to be totally oblivious to the fact that she is making them falling for her *oh no, I didn't do that on purpose; I didn't know I was that attractive!* while she oh-so-naturally plays hard to get.

Then when she finally realizes somebody's falling for her, she acts all innocent and acts like its none of her fault; it's not her fault that she's so pretty and demure and innocent-looking.

Pretense, people.

And you know what's the worst part?

After she breaks it off, she says the worst thing a woman can ever say.

"I still wanna be your best friend."

It's like saying "Yeah, I don't wanna be with you anymore, but I still wanna hang around you and be your 'friend' so that while you're wallowing in your suffering, I can inwardly delight in the fact that I have yet again "unintentionally" -yes, that's the word for it: unintentionally- crushed someone's heart."

Isn't it enough that you've hurt him by uh... let me see...

1. Doing stuff couples do and then brushing it off by saying "We're friends";
2. Breaking it off with him abruptly after you're done having your share of fun;

and now, you want to

3. Be friends with him.

Some girls think they're playing the good guy by saying stuff like "We're still friends" (and yes, personally I do prefer to remain friends with the person I've previously dated - that is, if he's okay with it), but seriously if the guy needs a break...

JUST GIVE HIM THE DAMN BREAK.

Let me just say this: Don't just walk up to him when you spot him on the train (or anywhere else in public) like it's a damn coincidence and say "Hi" like nothing happened, when you know very well the guy's not completely over it yet.

Do not - I repeat - DO NOT act like nothing's happened when the guy can't do the same.

Ahh, what the heck.

I shall now finish off the final quarter of this movie and we'll see how the ending goes.

Personally, I hope she gets desperate, the guy gets smart, and she gets dumped.

UPDATE

Okay, I've finished watching the movie. No, the girl didn't get dumped, and no, the guy didn't get smart - at least in my opinion he didn't.

Oh well, what can I say. Here I am insulting some girl while I myself am not doing any better either.

Waking up at 2 p.m., sitting all alone in my room watching sappy romance movies on a Christmas Day, skipping breakfast and lunch and then having a headache for lack of carb...

What else can I say?

No comments: