Monday 31 May 2010

Fun facts. Always good to know.

So I've been reading some of my Triple M  mags.

Before I continue, let's have some fun with facts.


omigosh I sound like some stupid children's encyclopaedia with their lame "did you know"'s.

*Did You Know: The length of the human's intestine is about 8.5 meters long. That's about 5 times the height of the human body!!*


*Cue eye roll*

Anyways.

Fun fact 1: Apparently, only 2% of the world's population are Mensans, and it is speculated that about 5% of the world's population are eligible to be a Mensa member.

Fun fact 2:  Triple M (Malaysian Mensa Minds) is a monthly issued magazine, free for Malaysian Mensa members. Yep, if you didn't know, now you do. I'm a Mensan and I'm proud of it.


*So what if my CGPA still hasn't gone above 3.50. Ha-ha. I'm still smart. So there.*

Back to point. So I have been reading some of my Triple M mags, and I came across this interesting news. We all think early risers are stupid and silly to enjoy waking up at 6 a.m. in the morning on a weekend when they can sleep in till 1, right? (or is it just me?)

 I created this myself. Go here for your own.

Anywho, according to the mag, ScienceNow Daily News (I don't know what's that either, Google it or something) says that early risers are mutants. Apparently, scientists at Washington University has found that a mutated form of the DEC2 (again, I have no idea what that is) gene is "responsible for this aberrant behavior" i.e., waking up at an ungodly hour when you're supposed to be enjoying sleeping in.

So I guess I should start to try to be a little more understanding towards those who actually enjoy waking up early (shudders) because they don't do it by choice - they're mutated weirdos. Lol. No offense. 









Another article I found interesting was titled "are beautiful people more intelligent?"

It was a research by some guy names Dr. Satoshi Kanazawa from the London School of Economics.

He made 4 assumptions:
1. Men who are more intelligent are more likely to attain higher status than men who are less intelligent.
2. Higher status men are more likely to mate with more beautiful women than lower status men.
3. Intelligence is heritable.
4. Beauty is heritable.

And hence, beautiful people are more intelligent.

Okay, I made the conclusion up myself.

According to the article, the whole thing was just a theorem, blah blah blah. I don't know, I didn't bother reading to the end coz as I read on, the scientific jargons were too much for me to handle.

If I was the ruler of the world, I'd say that only beautiful, smart people are allowed to mate. Wouldn't the world be a much more beautiful place to live in?

No more ugly bastards shoving you off on the curb coz he was too dumb to say "'scuse me".

P.S.: No, I am not being pretentious. To prove it, I shall let you in on a little secret: I personally think that most articles in the Triple M are boring, intellectual stuff that only pretentious people would be interested in. The fun facts stated above are those rare ones which are actually interesting to read.

No comments: