Thursday 6 September 2007

Dedicated post

It has been awhile since my last post. Blame the never-ending assignments piling up on my study table (Okay, maybe it is partly my fault for not finishing my homework on time. But still...).

I know I'm supposed to be revising in the library right now, but against my better judgement, I'm in the General Lab typing away.

Damn, I'm hungry. It's already 12.50 pm and I haven't had my lunch yet. I plan to have lunch with Yokey later. At 2 pm.

At. 2. pm.

I'm probably going to die of hunger, considering the fact that all I ate for breakfast was half a banana (it was partially rotten. Eww.), a few pieces of papaya and several sips of Japanese tea.

I know, I know. You are probably thinking I'm definitely going to have to rush to the toilet to answer nature's call anytime now.

Well, that's the point. I woke up this morning with a bulging tummy. And constipation. After eating all those food for breakfast, I have not even the slightest sensation of having to 'go'. The feeling in my tummy is awfully, awfully uncomfortable. Plus, I'm hungry. That makes things worse.

I wish I could 'go'. Tummy ache, please come soon. I have been waiting all morning.

I notice that I have put on a lil weight, too. That's the price I have to pay for being happy.

Yup, I am happy. I'm contented with my current life. I love my friends and everyone around me. Life is almost perfect (except for the assignments piling up on my table; I choose to ignore them). However, being in a good mood all the time stimulates my appetite and I notice that I'm eating more during meals. Unlike the measly handful of rice I had during my 'depression period'.

*Sigh*.

Being fat is too high a price to pay for being happy. Sometimes I almost wish I could go back to the times when I felt that it wasn't worth living anymore, when I spent most of my waking hours crying my eyes out, and when I totally lost my appetite. At least I felt good about my body.

Regardless.

I'm feeling very happy and contented with my current life and I feel really lucky to have true friends whom I know will always be by my side no matter what happens. I feel loved. And I feel like I belong. This feeling is so great, I can't find the words to describe it. So, yeah, even if I have put on a little weight and I'm having constipation, I'm still happy. Because I have everything I want. True friends who are always by my side, my family, and... my phone, my PSP, my desktop PC, my radio, my clothes/accessories, and cash.

Hey, material stuff plays a significant role in my life too.

Not everyone is as lucky as I am.

Last but not least, I want to dedicate this post to one of my best friends, Kevin, who was always by my side when I was down. He helped me get back to the right track. Thanks, Kevin. You are a true friend.

No comments: