Tuesday 25 January 2011

jobless and uneducated

Errr Straits Times your latest app version has the noisiest (and cheesiest) notification sound ever. Your sound designer must be fired.
-Terry Mun, Facebook-

I am aware this is only my 3rd entry of the entire month. Which means on average, I'm blogging only once a week.

Sorry peeps.

School has started and...

I'm just not in the mood anymore.

Of course, it has always been hard dragging my lazy ass out of my comfort zone in Penang after long periods of vacations and coming back to Singapore to face hardships all over again, but this time, it's just different.

This time, it's plain hard-core slothfulness and not just some inner-self childish bratty retaliation merely whining about school; it's this huge deep feeling that I just don't want to go back to school. Ever.

This feeling was so hard-core and dark that it scared even me. I think it's probably because of my 6-month internship with ExxonMobil that's making me feel awfully lazy to continue with my studies, not when I'm paid good money every month to sit around at the office all day from 8 to 5.

Soooo. First day of school.

I'ts finally the THIRD YEAR OF MY UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES!!

EVERYTHING went wrong.

I didn't get enough sleep, I looked fat in my jeans, my printer was broken and I couldn't print my notes, so I had to go to the library to print my notes - no coloured notes for me this semester!!! Can you imagine how horrible it is studying from B&W notes?? Ohhh, the horror!! - my jeans felt tight (gah), and library didn't open till 8.30a.m., which, coincidentally, is also the time my first lecture starts.

I was 30 minutes late for the first class of the first day of school. Nice way to start the semester.

4 hours of lecture plus 3 ten-minute breaks in between. It was hell. The lecture theatre was too cold (despite me wearing long pants and a jacket) and half way through, I got sleepy and fell asleep.

Gah. If you guys didn't know better, I may just be mistaken for a freshman ranting about culture shock and whatnots.

I know I promised some photos and at least a short blog post on my previous trip to the Penang Botanical Gardens alongside with my "photography with nature", but I'm just not in the mood now.

I wished I was back in Penang, in my blissful jobless and uneducated state.

Abrupt ending accentuates the sad condition of this short blog post.

No comments: